Thursday 8 September 2011

Miley talks wigs and sexuality

The only thing Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana really have in common anymore is that they sometimes wear wigs. That’s about it, folks, and Miley’s recent photo shoot and interview with Asia’s Prestige magazine are helping put the nail in the coffin of the Disney references of yore. Permanently. With super glue-enforced nails.
Inside the issue, Miley Cyrus looks lovely, sporting several figure-flattering outfits, and some of them even include pants! (Some, not all.) We see the “Can’t Be Tamed” singer in beautiful dresses while looking thoughtful on a chair, looking thoughtful in some grass, and looking thoughtful as she holds her dog and sprays a pool with a hose (?). She’s an adult now, guys! There’s no time for smiling in photo shoots! Look at… pretty much every magazine cover ever.
Besides looking like a grown-up, Miley is also talking like one. “I’m a great role model, or I’m completely inappropriate for anyone under 13, and I am controversial. I don’t know how I became this. I’m not some crazy lady who’s gone off the deep end, because I definitely haven’t,” she told Prestige. She continued, “Every 18-year-old explores sexuality and experiments and tries things. For me there’s no reason to change that. You have to be true to yourself.”
We think Miley would identify with the great poet B. Jean Spears, who once told us, “I’m not a girl, not yet a woman.” Truer words have never been sung from the top of a cliff in a belly shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment