Tuesday 19 July 2011

Billy Ray Thought Miley Would Bring "Hope" To The World

Billy Ray has revealed why he originally called his daughter Destiny Hope, before she changed her name to Miley Cyrus.

In an interview with Piers Morgan this week, the country singer told the talk show host that he thought the Party In The U.S.A. singer would bring “hope” to people.

“This was Miley’s dream. This was her - I believe to touch people’s lives. Through her music and her life,” he told Piers. “I still believe that.

“You know, her name was originally Destiny Hope, I had given her the name before she was born because I had a vision. I felt it was her destiny to bring hope to the world.

“When I see her selling out arenas around the world or on her TV show, making people laugh, bringing families into the living room together, we always, try to put positive messages in each episode if we could.

“And, you know, I do think that she - this is her purpose - her path.”

The Runway Light singer added about the LOL actress: “Miley really, really has a good heart. And she loves people. She loves music. She loves entertaining.

“There’s a lot of things that Miley does that I wouldn’t go into right now on a humanitarian basis. But Miley is a great humanitarian. She really cares about her fellow man, and people, and the planet and animals.”

No comments:

Post a Comment