Thursday 28 July 2011

Ashley Greene Talks about LOL

The 24-year-old star – who is best known for her role as vampire Alice Cullen in the ‘Twilight Saga’ movie series – admits she always enjoys the opportunity to join new films, including forthcoming comedy ‘LOL’ but is always “intimidated” before starting.
She said: “It has been equally terrifying and exhilarating. With ‘Twilight’ at least you are basically growing with this character. So doing something like ‘LOL’ that is a comedy, which I have never done before, with an incredible cast and a really great director was very intimidating.
“But I feel like if it wasn’t that way there would be a problem. Everything I do I am a little bit afraid of because I care about it and I want to do a great job. It’s a new territory and it’s uncharted.”
The Florida-born beauty portrays a character with the same first name as her in the movie – about a girl named Lola (Miley Cyrus) who is dumped by her boyfriend and begins a process of sexual awakening despite her mother (Demi Moore) struggling with a divorce – and she found the role hard because she is used to playing “super sweet” people.
She added to Collider.com: “In ‘LOL’ I play the kind of bad girl and that is something that I had never done before. I think it’s a lot easier to play the super sweet perky character because I relate more to that I think.
“So that was certainly a departure. I wanted to make sure that people and fans would respond to it. I wanted to make sure that she had reasons behind the way she was acting. So that was kind of a tricky film situation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment